Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I'm scared...

I've just stolen some time off the office just to watch the movie clip for Aliens vs. Predator (yeah, I've been pretty slow at updating myself on pop culture recently), and good Lord, that clip sucked. It was like watching a Monday matinee TV-only movie. Seriously. And to think I doubted my friends when they said the show sucked. These are the same guys who said Mar Attacks! sucked. Hey that was a great show!! A real return of the classics, paying homage to all the 70's flicks about aliens. Too bad the same can't be said of AvP. AvP has gone so far back beyond the words "classic" and "homage" that they now just spells "suck". Not lollipop suck. More like, sucking an egg type of suck. An ostrich egg.

I've always been the guy to say that trailers always look a whole hell lot better than the actual show itself, and that maybe life on the silverscreen should just be limited to trailers. I mean, look at the Grayson trailer and you'll know what I mean. But like the Star Wars Episode I and II, they can be used as of a part of a greater conspiracy to make today's people watch some really crappy stuff. This AvP trailer... its part of the biggest conspiracy in the world. To make us watch the crappiest movie ever made.

The movie clips proved to me that the show
Just so you know, I was actually planning to buy the DVD for that show. Now I'm scared. And I feel the need to wash myself clean. With a steel brush.

Or sandpaper.

No comments: