Tuesday, June 08, 2004

I'm a communist

That's right. It's not a typo, it's not an editorial mistake, it's not a mental breakdown. I'm a full fledged communist. I was born to it. In fact, I love it. I support communism wherever it's practiced, and soon after you finish the second paragraph, you will realise that YOU ARE A COMMUNIST TOO.

Why do I openly express my social orientation? Because its true. I love to be with people, alot of people, even if I don't contribute much to the conversations. I love to hang out with friends and family, and I love to listen to them and talk with them and find out about their lives. In other words, I love to COMMUNE with people.

That's right. I was born a communist. And so are you. Tom Hanks has shown us that we're communist down to the very core. His conversations with Wilson during his 4 year sabbatical on a unchartered island is evidence of this. Men and women are so naturally predisposed to commune with one another, that even in the absence of human presence, we may still commune, albiet with ourselves.

Let me cite an article to illustrate the importance of being a communist:

In 1962 a professor of psychology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Edgar Schein, suggested that physical, psychological, and chemical techniques could be used on prisoners to deliberately alter behavior and attitude. Schein was a world renowned expert on psychological coercion, having done extensive studies of torture and brainwashing techniques used on American prisoners of war, during the Korean War, by North Koreans and the Chinese. Schein also proposed isolation, sensory deprivation, to destroy socialization among prisoners as well as to sever the links prisoners had to the outside world. Because humans validate their existence, their personality, through contact with others, isolation has a significant impact on the human psyche. This form of psychological disorientation, the removal of others for validation of self, came to be known as the “Muttnik Principle” (so named by psychologist Nathaniel Braden) and was also called the “Psychology of Invisibility.”
-Atwood, F.J. (n.d.), Control Unit Prisons (SHU) (Online),
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Parliament/2398/shucontrolunits.html

While this is in reference to prison practice, and I recommend you read the rest of the article in the above provided website, it shows that being a communist is essential to our survival.

In case you're still thinking, "Holy crap, he's a communist and he's preaching it!! Lynch him!!" I'll clarify you by saying that I'm not a supporter of the version Communism endorsed by Karl Marx, defined below:

  • A scheme of equalizing the social conditions of life; specifically, a scheme which contemplates the abolition of inequalities in the possession of property, as by distributing all wealth equally to all, or by holding all wealth in common for the equal use and advantage of all.
  • A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people.
  • The Marxist-Leninist version of Communist doctrine that advocates the overthrow of capitalism by the revolution of the proletariat.

So, are you a communist?

No comments: