Monday, May 24, 2004

Starving a Sunday Afternoon Fever

Whoof! Yesterday was a really packed day. After church celebration, I went out for lunch with Jeanine and Alena. And hot diggity, was it filling. Y'know that Segambut Seafood restaurant at Chow Yang? Never ever order the large portions there unless you were planning to commit suicide in the first place. I had ordered a small bowl of curry beehoon to go with the seafood, and I swear, if you just ate to seafood alone without the noodles, you'd be full enough. Man, I was SO up to my eyeballs in seafood. I couldn't eat much later that evening, even when presented with Auntie Eng Lee's Cheesy Potato Pie!! Makes a grown man wanna cry.

Sunday Afternoon Fever
It's the 70's, where disco's are hot, afro's are cool, and if you haven't got down and jiggy with it... then at least you've got your butt clinging polyester pants. And the 2001 disco club, things get hot on Saturday nights, so hot you'd swear that you're having a fever, a SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER!!!

Well, that's my lame attempt at spicing things up a little. I you haven't guessed it, me and some friends went out to Istana Budaya, which I think means Cultural Palace, yesterday afternoon to watch Saturday Night Fever. I must say that while I'm not a big fan of the 70's period and mostly anything that is associated with it, except the BeeGee's, I still got pretty involved in it. The dance steps were fantastical, the New York Brooklyn accent entertaining, the songs beautiful and the characters endearing. The only complaint about it is that I couldn't hear the lyrics of the songs on occasion, and the seat. I swear that my back had cracked in several areas in multiple occasions during the show. Other than that, you've got to watch it if you haven't already.

No comments: